• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to stop the beep when I enter and leave cellular coverage in Froyo?

k7aay

Nov 30, 2010
PDX
Be-be-beep
be-be-beep

It beeps all the time and is nearly driving me sane.

How do I turn off the beep which signals entering or leaving cellular coverage? My house is a marginal reception area for my carrier (no problem, I just give folks my Google Voice number anyway which rings both landline and mobile) so, sitting in the den, my phone beeps at me every minute.

How do I stifle that function only? Cant find where in Notifications (Froyo, Android 2.2)

Many thanks for all on-topic replies. :D

It beeps all the time and is nearly driving me sane.

How do I turn off the beep which signals entering or leaving cellular coverage? My house is a marginal reception area for my carrier

Silencing the phone will of course turn off the beep, but that's hardly an optimal solution.

I share your pain. In my case, something changed in the last month and I've gone from one bar (occasionally two) to none. Sometimes signal strength changes just slightly and I hear the beep for no signal and the beep for signal restored as essentially one long be-be-be-beep-be-be-beep.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones