1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support How to stop the beep when I enter and leave cellular coverage in Froyo?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by k7aay, Jun 6, 2011.

1. k7aay

k7aay Active Member

Nov 30, 2010
    PDX
    Be-be-beep
    be-be-beep

It beeps all the time and is nearly driving me sane.

How do I turn off the beep which signals entering or leaving cellular coverage? My house is a marginal reception area for my carrier (no problem, I just give folks my Google Voice number anyway which rings both landline and mobile) so, sitting in the den, my phone beeps at me every minute.

How do I stifle that function only? Cant find where in Notifications (Froyo, Android 2.2)

Many thanks for all on-topic replies. :D

Advertisement

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    I'll move this to the samsung Intercept sub-forum to see if other owners can help.

3. Darkseas

Darkseas Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Silencing the phone will of course turn off the beep, but that's hardly an optimal solution.

I share your pain. In my case, something changed in the last month and I've gone from one bar (occasionally two) to none. Sometimes signal strength changes just slightly and I hear the beep for no signal and the beep for signal restored as essentially one long be-be-be-beep-be-be-beep.

4. stef7

stef7 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Male
    Systems Engineer
    I'm not sure specifically disabling the Beep when you come in and leave cell coverage is possible under Froyo on this phone. I haven't found it.

You might try downloading Quick Settings from the market, and turning off Mobile data.

5. kolmanp

kolmanp New Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Unfortunately when I turn off mobile data beep is still here.