• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [How-To] Stream Netflix to your LG Ally [UPDATED 9/9]

Cl8rs

Android Enthusiast
Oct 22, 2010
Roseville, CA
I'd thought I would do this just to help our Ally community :)
  • Root MAY be needed

Things needed:
  • Netflix Subscription
  • Latest Netflix App
  • LG Ally :)

1. Download the latest Netflix app from here: [APP][Updated 7/20/11 V1.3] Official Netflix - xda-developers
-Put on the app on your SD card, and install via Astro or even ThinkFree Office
*Note: You cannot get this through the market

2. Open Netflix and sign in. Congrats, you can stream movies and TV shows and etc. to your phone in 100% color and clarity :D

***Note, if you get a black screen or force close, you need to do this: http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/383212-apps-broken-velocity-1-1-try.html

UPDATE: Netflix now in market for all 2.2 and 2.3 devices. I am thinking all the streaming issues are solved.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.netflix.mediaclient

Reactions: biggiesmalls657
Upvote 0
Reactions: swc2001
Upvote 0
I installed the netflix app a few weeks ago and couldn't get anything but a black screen. When I was experiencing the Market app problems that others are encountering, I noticed that after I cleared cache & dalvik cache and flashed the signed_appfix1.1 zip that the netflix app now worked, the first time it started it saisd there was a newer version to update to. I have not updated yet, has anyone else updated and had success?

Upvote 0
I'd thought I would do this just to help our Ally community :)
  • Root MAY be needed

Things needed:
  • Netflix Subscription
  • Latest Netflix App
  • LG Ally :)

1. Download the latest Netflix app from here: [APP][Updated 7/20/11 V1.3] Official Netflix - xda-developers
-Put on the app on your SD card, and install via Astro or even ThinkFree Office
*Note: You cannot get this through the market

2. Open Netflix and sign in. Congrats, you can stream movies and TV shows and etc. to your phone in 100% color and clarity :D

***Note, if you get a black screen or force close, you need to do this: http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/383212-apps-broken-velocity-1-1-try.html

Do i need to d/l it by computer then put it on my sd card? I tried to d/l it with the link you provided but it keeps saying unsuccessful download. Phone not supported.

Velocity v1.1
LancherPro

Upvote 0
I've been looking through the comments on the Android Market and I've noticed that a lot of other phones have been having lag problems too. I am posting this in hopes that Netflix will do something to improve this app. It is a great idea that I know I will use all the time. From waiting to a time filler Netflix works perfect on my Wii but it would be even better on something more portable like my Ally. PLEASE NETFLIX FIX!!!!

Upvote 0
I've been looking through the comments on the Android Market and I've noticed that a lot of other phones have been having lag problems too. I am posting this in hopes that Netflix will do something to improve this app. It is a great idea that I know I will use all the time. From waiting to a time filler Netflix works perfect on my Wii but it would be even better on something more portable like my Ally. PLEASE NETFLIX FIX!!!!

I completely agree with you. It has been almost a month since their last update to the app and it has horrible video lag issues. The audio plays fine but the video is always a good minute behind regardless of my connection. NETFLIX PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones