• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to stream Youtube app in 144p automatically?

DavidNCali

Sep 27, 2014
Yes, I know this is potato quality, but I need to stream it in the lowest resolution when I'm on mobile network.. I have 5gb of high speed data and after that it throttles. Youtube app still take a chunk of mobile data when clicking on "only stream HD on wifi." Whenever I view YouTube videos, the app always stream it in 480p. Although I would love to stream my videos in 480p using my mobile network, I just can't... A 5 minute video streaming in 480p will take approximately 55mb of data.. A 5 minute video on 144p will take like 15mb, and I definitely can work with that. I can get youtube to stream in different quality manually, but I would love for it to automatically stream on 144p whenever I'm on mobile network.. Thanks for your help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones