• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to transscribe voice or handwriting into text?

x51v

Lurker
Nov 3, 2013
On my galaxy gear when you record a voice memo, it always gets transcribed into text when it transfers to the note. That is pretty handy feature. Is there some sort of app on my Galaxy Note 3 that I haven't found yet that will transcribe recordings I make on my Note into text?

Secondly, I remember transcribing handwriting into text on the Galaxy Note 2 was pretty easy. Now on my Galaxy Note 3, the S note application doesn't seem to have the option to transcribe my handwriting into text. Am I missing something? The only time I see an option to transcribe my handwriting is with the action memo feature, and I don't see an option to just save the text, it ultimately seems to need to go into an email or a contact or a message or something. Isn't there just a simple way to transcribe a couple of sentences of my handwriting into text anymore?

On my galaxy gear when you record a voice memo, it always gets transcribed into text when it transfers to the note. That is pretty handy feature. Is there some sort of app on my Galaxy Note 3 that I haven't found yet that will transcribe recordings I make on my Note into text?

Secondly, I remember transcribing handwriting into text on the Galaxy Note 2 was pretty easy. Now on my Galaxy Note 3, the S note application doesn't seem to have the option to transcribe my handwriting into text. Am I missing something? The only time I see an option to transcribe my handwriting is with the action memo feature, and I don't see an option to just save the text, it ultimately seems to need to go into an email or a contact or a message or something. Isn't there just a simple way to transcribe a couple of sentences of my handwriting into text anymore?
In S Note, hold down the mic button on the keyboard and select the T. Samsung keyboard, not swype.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones