• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to turn off emergency alerts?

ktchong

Android Enthusiast
Jan 8, 2010
A few weeks ago the phone kept beeping flood alert even though my area had a perfect sunny day. The nonstop alerts were driving me insane.

Today my phone keeps beeping an Amber alert a few times an hour for some kid who was abducted in San Diego, even though I was nowhere near San Diego.

Enough is enough.

How do I turn off/block those annoying alerts?

A few weeks ago the phone kept beeping flood alert even though my area had a perfect sunny day. The nonstop alerts were driving me insane.

Today my phone keeps beeping an Amber alert a few times an hour for some kid who was abducted in San Diego, even though I was nowhere near San Diego.

Enough is enough.

How do I turn off/block those annoying alerts?

Load up the stock messaging app, and go to settings. Scroll down to Emergency Alert Settings, and then the top option should be Emergency Alerts. In that menu you can toggle off which ones you dont want, Atleast thats how I did it last night with the Amber Alert going nuts.

Reactions: ktchong
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones