• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to uninstall useless Metro apps on Huawei Ascend?

? what is that
thats the app you need to do it with. Everyone has had problems trying to do it with TiBu.

You also need root to be able to delete system apps and use apps that require root/su.

If you're not rooted yet you can root it with z4root or gingerbreak (google em of serch these here forums ;))

Upvote 0
ok thanks a bunch, I'm already rooted and have TiBu. Do I still need Titanium Backup? and what the best app for turning up the juice a little
if your stock or on a modified stock ROM ther is none, its maxed out at 600Mhz. Lots of ppl like tibu for backing apps and data up etc. Personally I dont like nor use tibu tho ;)

Upvote 0
OK got root explorer now what? AND do I need busybox what does it do?
if you rooted with gingerbreak busybox is already installed ;)

Now you navigate to the system/app or cust/metropcs/us/app directories and delete what you dont want. Just make sure to press the R/W button on the top right of the app.

If you want all of the metro bloatware gone you can just delete the whole app dir in cust/metropcs/us.

Upvote 0
if you rooted with gingerbreak busybox is already installed ;)

Now you navigate to the system/app or cust/metropcs/us/app directories and delete what you dont want. Just make sure to press the R/W button on the top right of the app.

If you want all of the metro bloatware gone you can just delete the whole app dir in cust/metropcs/us.

+1

what he said, just dont delete the whole metro folder...;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones