• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Update to Jellybean ( Hints and tips )

Tyseyh

Android Expert
Jun 9, 2010
Leeds, UK
Hey guys and gals.
Noticed a few people asking about the Jellybean update, especially the ones who have locked Bootloaders.
I'm here to help.

Xperia S | Xperia Forum

Link to the TFT files for Xperia S firmware.

Xperia S_LT26i_6.2.B.0.200 is what you are after.

this here is a link to flash tool. ( The tool used to flash TFT files )

Flashtool -- Xperia devices flashing

This here, is a link for a quick guide. ( External site ) but that info is the same as all the info i gathered from multiple sources.

Install Jelly Bean to your Xperia S using Flashtool [Tutorial] | Xperia Blog

Please read all before doing it, its not a hard process, just make sure you understand.

1, Download Flash Tools
2, Download the Tft file for JB
3, make sure all drivers are installed for your phone. I believe the drivers are in C:/ Flash tool /Drivers/ driver.exe
4, Open flash tool
5, Drag the Tft file that you downloaded into the Flashtools box.
6, Press Flash.

Word of warning. this may deleted SD card contents. It didn't with me, but i hear it has for a few people. So back it up just incase.

Also, this will delete everything on your phone, apps etc.
I believe Flashtools has the option to not delete data but i am unaware how/if that will affect JB performance.

tadaa. Done.

Also, this will delete everything on your phone, apps etc.
I believe Flashtools has the option to not delete data but i am unaware how/if that will affect JB performance.

I chose not to delete data and at the moment am impressed with the speed boost I got moving over to JB. Of course, for all I know, it may have been even better had I chosen to delete my data!

Reactions: Tyseyh
Upvote 0
There available 3 jellybean files to download from internet
Central europe - file size 489mb
World - file size 479mb
Europe - file size 469
What difference between? Which the best for UK customers?
I find in one forum one guy say- for UK best to flash World...
Anybody can explain what difference betwen and what best?
:) thank you

Upvote 0
There available 3 jellybean files to download from internet
Central europe - file size 489mb
World - file size 479mb
Europe - file size 469
What difference between? Which the best for UK customers?
I find in one forum one guy say- for UK best to flash World...
Anybody can explain what difference betwen and what best?
:) thank you

I believe is usually languages, performance wise they are the same.

Upvote 0
Hello, I got a notification on my xperia saying a jelly bean update is available. I've read some commentsthat data gets wiped and others that say you can do an install without a full wipe. My phone has a lot of photos and text message that I don't want to lose. Will a back up be enough to save them? (I have lots and the back up only took a few minutes which seemed too quick.)
Please help/advise. If need be, I'll hold of the update until Ihave time to copy all he data off the phone.

The update offered is 6.2.B.0.200

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones