• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to work with BLUETOOTH

ilyabyk83

Oct 25, 2010
Hi. I have a question;

My Samsung Galaxy S3 has a bluetooth over-the-ear handsfree adapter connected most of the time during the day PLANTRONICS Voyager Legend Black Bluetooth Headset

Few days ago, I also bought this item GOgroove FlexSMART X2

Both are BLUETOOTH; is my phone's bluetooth smart enough, to, when I enter the vehicle each time, to disconnect my earpiece device, and to connect it with this X2?? Or would there be needed any additional steps taken by me, each time I'll enter my vehicle? THANK YOU FOLKS!!

Reactions: costraccoraull
Off the top of my head the only thing I can think of is to put an nfc tag in your car to change the settings
So, when I get in to my car, switch off my earpiece?? And turn it back on once outside of the car??

Besides switching ON/OFF, would I have to do anything else to either three devices?? (phone, car, ear)

Thank You

Upvote 0
There are two more alternatives to the one mentioned by shotgum84, which certainly does the job by-the-way.

The first would be with an app called Tasker, which enables you to create 'profiles' for almost any event/action, however, it is quite complicated to get into.

The second would be an app called 'Bluetooth Auto-Connect' with which you can set various Bluetooth profiles and auto-connect states. It is very efficient and easy to set up. To make your idea work all you would have to do turn off your Bluetooth headset (I don't use one these days, but I take it you simply long-press the power button) and your in-car Bluetooth should then auto-connect. You can also set different auto-connect options for various connection states.

Here is a Play Store link if you're interested https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.btautoconnect

P.S. I use the same Bluetooth hands-free as you here in the UK

Reactions: ilyabyk83
Upvote 0
There are two more alternatives to the one mentioned by shotgum84, which certainly does the job by-the-way.

The first would be with an app called Tasker, which enables you to create 'profiles' for almost any event/action, however, it is quite complicated to get into.

The second would be an app called 'Bluetooth Auto-Connect' with which you can set various Bluetooth profiles and auto-connect states. It is very efficient and easy to set up. To make your idea work all you would have to do turn off your Bluetooth headset (I don't use one these days, but I take it you simply long-press the power button) and your in-car Bluetooth should then auto-connect. You can also set different auto-connect options for various connection states.

Here is a Play Store link if you're interested https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.btautoconnect

P.S. I use the same Bluetooth hands-free as you here in the UK
Maybe bluetooth is not for me at all??

Upvote 0
Nothing to be afraid of. Just plug it in the cigarette lighter and long-press the blue 'answer' button until it starts to rapidly flash - now it will be in discoverable mode. Switch your device Bluetooth on and it should find your hands-free in no time. Press on the device name (mine is GG-SMART-MIN-BT and yours might be something similar) and then it should automatically connect.

Reactions: ilyabyk83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones