• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
hi guy's and girls am just started messing about with my new Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 can any one advise me on how to transfer Android Apps over to phone thu a usb, as in do i need a, or some other programs to get them they am sure its not just a copy and paste process as the one's iv got are a apk file and cant seem to file them on sd card on phone... any help wud be great thanks

I'm not sure if I understand your question. So you have the apk files, and you've copy and pasted them on your sd card, but you can't find them on the phone. Is that right? If that's your issue, then first you need to install astro on your phone. This is a file explorer where you can search through files on your phone and SD card. Next go into settings>applications and check "unknown sources". Then use Astro to navigate to your sd card where your apks are at. Click on it. select "open app manager" and then install.

Reactions: uggdfgdrwaa
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones