• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Howdo its $tu

SB13X

Android Expert
Jun 24, 2010
Wigan, UK
Hello everyone of Android Forums been lurking and visiting on and off since buying my first android device, my HTC Desire.

Truthfully I have been a Nokia advocate since buying my first 3210 when GSM was the shiz and Polyphonic Ringtones were the fashion, right through to my previous phone the N95. The only blips being the purchases and short uses of an NEC e313 and a Motorla C980 as stop gaps between contracts.

I recently decided to finally join the Touchscreen Generation and initially looked at the N97 but after hearing of the dire glitch and bug issues dogging the handset decided to leave it a while to see if Nokia would up their game and sort the problems. Unfortunately they didn't thus I started looking elsewhere and specifically at alternative Nokia handsets. Again I was disappointed to find that Nokia were continuing to release Resistive touchscreens and the capacitive enabled phones lacking a flipout keyboard caused the screen size and the Symbian OS to be their downfall.

Therefore where else could I go but HTC, after looking at the Samsung Galaxy Portal and the Samsung Experia X10 android phones alongside the HTC Desire there was only one that truly stood out, especially having been tempted previously by their TyTnII offering but not comfortable with WinMo.

You will notice that I fail to mention the iPhone but following the masses has never been my thing, not to say the kit isn't good but since the ipod took hold I've always had the urge to strangle anyone with white headphones as I saw them so often ;).

Android offers me everything I want from any tech related gadget, and that can be encapsulated in just one word: Customisation.

(PS: Thats right with an S ;) )

Anyhow will have loads of questions I'm sure over my time with Android OS and look forward to getting to know you all better.

$tu

mobilehistory.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones