• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Android Versus iPhone

smitty543

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Not sure where to post this, but posted here since HTC 10 release is soon upon us, and it is relevant to new HTC models!
It appears that one advantage of iPhones over android phones is the ability to back up [to 'the cloud'] the ENTIRE phone (including apps and their data) without the need to root and make a nandroid backup. Helium and MyBackupPro (both at extra cost) backup some of phone's content but not as easily, I am told, as iPhone cloud backup. Obviously, this makes transferring content from an old phone to a new/replacement phone quite easy with am iPhone, but cumbersome (at best) with androids.

Having the user friendly capability to totally backup [my] android phones, certainly would further improve the utility of android phones! Will this come to pass?!?

Can anyone help me and provide a step by step "cookbook(how to guide)" as to how to back up my M8 with Android 6.0 so that if I update to a Samsung s7 or HTC 10 rather than an iPhone I' be able to transfer my apps, data and settings to the new phone ?!?!?

MUCH APPRECIATED! Going to a new phone is/can be a PITA!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones