• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Backup has stopped unexpectedly.

As title says, this is an error I've been getting for a while now and it got to a point that I wanted to reset data to factory state to see if it would fix it. Alongside this problem, I was getting:
  • Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped working,
  • Unfortunately, com.google.process.location has stopped working,
  • Hangout has stopped unexpectedly,
  • and one more "com.google.", which stopped showing up.
However those above are not as much of a problem right now. The biggest issue with HTC Backup is that after going through factory reset and even hard reset, I'm stuck on Setup Wizard. I manage to go through every option easily until the Backup part, which crashes my setup and I have to do everything again until another crash. I wanted to clean cache through bootloader, but when I go to Recovery option, it also restarts my phone and so I can't access Wipe cache data.

My question is, how can I fix this problem? I don't want to void my warranty, so rooting my phone is not an option.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones