• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC desire 2 days old- Questions.

benchmark

Jul 29, 2010
Hello folks,
My first post here so please excuse any seemingly dumb questions. I have been using my old and faithful HTC touch for the past 3 years and just 2 days ago decided to get the HTC Desire. So far i am very pleased with it and getting through the initial adjustment phase very well. I will like to ask a few questions:

First, i have a few useful work documents on my old HTC touch that was opened with tomeraider, are there any free apps that can open them on the HTC desire?

Secondly, i have already added my gmail account to the HTC desire but i would like to also add my main yahoomail account too . This is my most frequently used email account and it contains a zillion emails that i would not want to synchronize to the phone each time . I guess they will just take up valuable space in the phone so is there a way of only allowing new email to enter my phone.

Finally, i have ordered a new 16gb card from ebay, when this comes, can i just directly copy the data from the current 4 gb card to the new card via my PC and everything works fine after that?

Thanks for such a wonderful forum.

Finally, i have ordered a new 16gb card from ebay, when this comes, can i just directly copy the data from the current 4 gb card to the new card via my PC and everything works fine after that?

That depends. Did you pay a normal price for it? Is the card branded? Is the seller extremely highly rated? If the answer to any or all of them is no, the card may well be fake, in which case the new card will be useless. But hopefully you made sure to check all that first, in which case yes you can just copy the files over and all will be well.

Upvote 0
Hello folks,
Secondly, i have already added my gmail account to the HTC desire but i would like to also add my main yahoomail account too . This is my most frequently used email account and it contains a zillion emails that i would not want to synchronize to the phone each time . I guess they will just take up valuable space in the phone so is there a way of only allowing new email to enter my phone.
I use Yahoo as well and I have thousands of emails going back many years sorted into numerous folders. I did not like the stock email app because it did not allow me to access my folders. I now use K-9 although I having also been trying out the new Yahoo Mail app.

For whichever email app you choose you should be able to adjust the settings to choose the number you want to sync. For example on K-9 you can set it to just sync the last two or three days or the last say 50 emails.

Like you say it is best to keep this as low as possible to avoiding taking up valuable storage space on your phone. However I don't think there's anyway it would attempt to sync the whole lot as the default setting is less than a week.

I have mine set to show the last 50 emails. If I want to view something older on my phone I put it into another folder and view the last 50 for that folder as well.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replys guys.
The documents are in TR3 and PBD formats.

Also, is it normal the the youtube app wont work? it just remains there loading the selected video for ages but if i log on to youtube.com in the normal internet browser ,i can watch anything.

edit: solved the youtube app problem by clearing the cache and data so it works now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones