• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire 816- Spotty mobile data and GPS signal

Stevo F

Lurker
Aug 3, 2016
I've had my HTC Desire 816 with Virgin Mobile since last November. In recent months, it is constantly losing mobile data connectivity and/ or GPS signal. Granted overall Virgin Mobile cverage can be spotty in our area, this occurs in all areas. Our whole family has the same Virgin mobile unlimited accounts, each with a different phone, and no one else is having issues.

We can be using Google maps or playing Pokemon Go while riding in the same car and I lose either internet or GPS and thy don't. So far I have done many soft resets and one hard reset, with no difference.

For the mobile data loss, it is giving me 65535, 65540, and 65541 errors. I've also tried different network mode settings with no difference.

Is there anything else I should try? I'm ready to toss it (although I love the larger screen and how well it works on wifi) and get a Desire 626 like my son has.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones