• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire booting up with no internal storage

D

Deleted User

I had to turn my Desire off earlier so I could remove the battery to access the serial number. Upon replacing the battery and powering it up, I get two notifications as soon as Android starts:

- Storage almost full
- Low on space

It loads my wallpaper and widgets and internally hosted app icons, but it doesn't load any SD Card apps or their icons and fails to load most services.

Before I turned it off, I had 22 MB of internal storage and the phone was running without any problems.

No amount of reboots or leaving the battery out have recovered this 22 MB loss of internal storage and I can't find any solutions on Google, so has anybody here got any ideas what I can do to get this space back and get my phone operating normally again?

It has never been near any root procedures and is running HTC's official 2.3 ROM that they released in 2011.

To add to this strange behaviour, which it has never done before, I uninstalled an app from internal memory and it took me up to 3 MB of available internal storage. I rebooted the phone again and it only has 392 KB free on internal storage, so that's now over 24 MB that isn't being released somewhere along the line.

Upvote 0
Further searching didn't come up with anything like my phones behaviour last night or a fix, but because I needed an operational phone I opted to factory reset, so at least I didn't lose any SD Card data.

The most annoying thing with resetting the Desire is it resets the photo image naming back to IMAG0001.jpg, which means there will be a lot of overlapping filenames at some point and I have never found a way to change this, so that the numbering starts at a higher number. I like what the Xoom does with naming photos, it uses the date and time to the second.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones