• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC desire corrupts SD card - dodgy card reader

Tallpaulos

Lurker
Aug 17, 2010
Hi,

First post - was browsing and thought i should let everyone know what happened to my desire after about a month.

Bascially, it corrupted my SD card, lost everything on it and the SD card itself was not recoverable. I'm seeing similar reports on these forums but no clear answers other than to try another SD card. Not the best idea.

The problem in my case was NOT the 4gb SD card that came with the phone but after a HTC repair turned out to be a faulty SD card reader in the phone. I wouldn't have known it was this (i got no info back in the post) if i hadn't rang up & the guy told me.

There's no way i'm the only one...so back up your SD cards often just in case!!!

I'm loving the phone, it's just one of those things. ;)

Hi,

First post - was browsing and thought i should let everyone know what happened to my desire after about a month.

Bascially, it corrupted my SD card, lost everything on it and the SD card itself was not recoverable. I'm seeing similar reports on these forums but no clear answers other than to try another SD card. Not the best idea.

The problem in my case was NOT the 4gb SD card that came with the phone but after a HTC repair turned out to be a faulty SD card reader in the phone. I wouldn't have known it was this (i got no info back in the post) if i hadn't rang up & the guy told me.

There's no way i'm the only one...so back up your SD cards often just in case!!!

I'm loving the phone, it's just one of those things. ;)

Yeh i have this issue the phone wont recognize my sd card but when i insert the card in a card reader all the data is there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones