• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire Faulty?

Hi, i'm the very pleased owner of a HTC Desire. I've noticed a couple of problems with it recently, even before the 2.2 update.
It appears to have a problem with the + and - buttons on the side. Say for instance i am watching a video, i can increase the volume, but i'm unable to turn it down. Has anyone else come across this problem?

Also i was using the camera this morning and noticed that half of my screen turned to purple!!??!

it appears to have a problem with the + and - buttons on the side. Say for instance i am watching a video, i can increase the volume, but i'm unable to turn it down. Has anyone else come across this problem?

nope, sounds defective. Outside of a video/music, does the ringing volume decrease?

also i was using the camera this morning and noticed that half of my screen turned to purple!!??!

known bug. I've only had it once and it is rare. Never happened again. Dont know if it has been amended in an ota update, but hasn't happened in 2.2

kyi

Reactions: spawn of satan
Upvote 0
Sorry to hear you're having problems, but if you do decide to send it back for repair ALWAYS send it back to the place you purchased it from NEVER direct to HTC.

I've just had a 4 week nightmare after I sent my handset direct to them (thinking it would be quicker).

You have far better rights dealing with the Retailer if a problem crops up with the repair such as parts not available / clueless customer service etc.

Upvote 0
In regards to the vol buttons, you need to ascertain whether its hardware or software. you can do this by testing them outside of android.

Turn off your phone and turn back on while holding the vol down button. it should go into the bootloader menu. you have to navigate the menu using volume up and down. if it moves up and down fine, the hardware is fine and most likely an issue with android.

FYI in bootloader power is select so be careful. remove battery if you can't get out of it

Upvote 0
Also i was using the camera this morning and noticed that half of my screen turned to purple!!??!

I've had the same issue, it seems quite common, nothing has fixed it apart from sending it back to the place I bought it. I'm on my 3rd desire now, and this one is going back for the camera glitch fault too, 1st one had no camera flash, 2nd one camera purple screen glitch, and 3rd one the same camera glitch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones