• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire HD or Blackberry Bold 9780

tom.rd

Lurker
Jan 30, 2011
Hi there guys.
I'm new so sorry if this question shouldn't be here, but I'd really like your opinion on whether I should get the Desire HD or Bold 9780.

I know they're completely different phones, and I've read countless reviews of both but I still can't decide which I like more.
I need an all round social networking package along with good communication and multimedia facilities, but I can't decide whether I need quality apps and multimedia more than the good communication.

I know that the HTC is by far the best on social networking and multimedia, but how does it compare on the app front to the Blackberry? also, do you think the Blackberry is worth getting for BBM and it's communication facilities alone, considering it's weaker social feed?

sorry for the long windedness, I just need somebody more knowledgable than me to help me make the decision, since this will be my first smartphone.

Thanks!

Uh, no BBM is a no no for me.

HTC Desire HD wins hands down. From the specs to the features. 90% I do my social networking from my phone and it never lets me down. Though I don't usually play music/movies on my phone since I have my TV but when I can, the DHD's big screen can make my experience fun. Though it isn't AMOLED, the picture quality is very good. Smooth transition when playing games and over all best in terms of multimedia. The thing that a little lacking is the speaker phone, but I usually use my headphones and I have no problems there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones