• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Evo 3d Switched from Sprint to Straight Talk (Need new PRL)

ShadowBiker

Lurker
Feb 10, 2014
I have an HTC Evo 3D. I recently purchased this phone used. It was originally on the Sprint network. I bought this phone with the intention of activating it on Straight Talks service since they now support CDMA phones. I successfully got the phone activated through Straight Talk but here is my problem. I get great service when in the city and when I am close to the city. However out where I live I have almost no service at all. The reason being there are no sprint towers out there. There are, however, Verizon towers. When I used to have Verizon I never had a problem with a signal. My wife has a Straight Talk phone that gets a perfect signal from the Verizon towers where we live.

I need to change the PRL of the HTC Evo 3d that I activated on Straight Talk so that it can roam on the Verizon towers instead of trying to always connect to Sprint towers. Can anyone help me with this? I do have the Qualcomm program that will let me change the prl on my phone but I do not have the prl files I need to install. Any help wouldbe greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones