1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HTC Evo 3d Switched from Sprint to Straight Talk (Need new PRL)

Discussion in 'Straight Talk' started by ShadowBiker, Feb 10, 2014.

1. ShadowBiker

ShadowBiker Lurker
    None

Feb 10, 2014
    Male
    I have an HTC Evo 3D. I recently purchased this phone used. It was originally on the Sprint network. I bought this phone with the intention of activating it on Straight Talks service since they now support CDMA phones. I successfully got the phone activated through Straight Talk but here is my problem. I get great service when in the city and when I am close to the city. However out where I live I have almost no service at all. The reason being there are no sprint towers out there. There are, however, Verizon towers. When I used to have Verizon I never had a problem with a signal. My wife has a Straight Talk phone that gets a perfect signal from the Verizon towers where we live.

I need to change the PRL of the HTC Evo 3d that I activated on Straight Talk so that it can roam on the Verizon towers instead of trying to always connect to Sprint towers. Can anyone help me with this? I do have the Qualcomm program that will let me change the prl on my phone but I do not have the prl files I need to install. Any help wouldbe greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Try dialing *228.

3. ShadowBiker

ShadowBiker Lurker
    None

Feb 10, 2014
    Male
    Just tried it using star and pound. All it did was tell me the number or code was incorrect.