• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1

So question about this - I have an unlocked HTC Evo 4G and my software number is still 1.47.651.1. I want to do the update but it's not finding it over the air, probably because my device is unlocked. Is there a way to download the update through the computer?
welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok not exactly sure what you mean by unlocked. htc has only locked the evo 4g with the latest 4.67 OTA. so do you mean you have s-off with software version 1.47 on your phone right now?

lets double check before you do anything. go into the bootloader(power off then press and hold power+vol downn) this will take you to the bootloader screen. report back what you see and we can take it from there.

Upvote 0
welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok not exactly sure what you mean by unlocked. htc has only locked the evo 4g with the latest 4.67 OTA. so do you mean you have s-off with software version 1.47 on your phone right now?

lets double check before you do anything. go into the bootloader(power off then press and hold power+vol downn) this will take you to the bootloader screen. report back what you see and we can take it from there.

Okay, Thanks! When I say unlocked, I just mean unlocked to a different carrier. It's a Sprint device and I have it on Cricket network.

This is what's shown when I try the bootloader screen:

SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.79.0000
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16ac
RADIO-2.05.00.6.10
Apr 14 2010, 15:41:34

Upvote 0
I updated the phone yesterday. The first change I noticed is the Market has been revamped. I now have to update each app on my phone (no big deal) and my WiFi connection keeps disconnecting at random times (big freakin deal). I'd rather not call Sprint just yet. I will try to wait it out and see what the Forum has to say.

Also, I have not used the voice options in the past so I am not familiar with any changes.

Upvote 0
I updated the phone yesterday. The first change I noticed is the Market has been revamped. I now have to update each app on my phone (no big deal) and my WiFi connection keeps disconnecting at random times (big freakin deal). I'd rather not call Sprint just yet. I will try to wait it out and see what the Forum has to say.

Also, I have not used the voice options in the past so I am not familiar with any changes.

UPDATE: I now feel like imposing bodily harm on my EVO. Since the update, I have lost memory space on my phone, the screen *****es out and freezes, and the phone makes random selections of apps it wants to open without me even choosing. The only way to work around the freezing is to power off the screen and then turn it back on. That gives me about 20 seconds of normalcy before the process starts all over again. :mad: Someone at HTC/Google has screwed the pooch with this update....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones