• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO 4G vs iPhone 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
4. iPhones will win most of the time for "usability". This is because they are laser focused on the total package of HW, Software, Apps and putting the user on rails as to what they can and can't do.

This is one of the reasons I'm leaving the Iphone. This usability comes with a price. With the Evo, I'm going to be able to get rid of the 4x4 grid of icons to open an app. I REALLY like the Sense UI and the ability to customize my home screen (and the other 7 screens) with the widgets I want. The ability to have multiple profiles is great too. I prefer customization to Apple's closed system.

Upvote 0
We don't know nearly anything about the new Iphone yet, but so far the only it seems to best the EVO is on the supposed resolution and perhaps the screen type may be better (although personally the smaller screen makes it seems like a bit of a waste to me)

Agreed, I would take the Evo's large screen over the iPhones smaller screen any day, no matter the resolution.

Upvote 0
Agreed, I would take the Evo's large screen over the iPhones smaller screen any day, no matter the resolution.

It depends really. I had a Touch Pro and it had a relatively small screen compared to some modern devices. The resolution was higher than my Pre albeit on a smaller screen and it was very crisp and clear. High dpi on a smaller screen can still look excellent.

Likewise, some people will find 4.3" to be just too big. I am not one of them but stuff like that is down to preference. I would imagine that a higher dpi screen in similar dimensions to the current iPhone will still be quite attractive and usable.

I just feel like getting a bigger screen. I've sucked it up and tolerated some small screens over the past few years and I am ready for a monster :) Maybe my next phone will be a little more modestly sized.

Upvote 0
I just feel like getting a bigger screen. I've sucked it up and tolerated some small screens over the past few years and I am ready for a monster :) Maybe my next phone will be a little more modestly sized.

Agreed...so far every phone I've purchased has had a larger screen then the previous phone I've owned. I'm pretty sure that's going to stop I just don't know when :D.

Upvote 0
I didn't see that in their coverage. Link?
The Next iPhone, Dissected - Iphone 4 - Gizmodo

Here's their tear down and the direct quote from the article states:

"I wanted to make sure I didn't damage the components beyond repair, so I didn't take the metal off. So this is as much as I could learn without actually breaking the phone. And this is why I couldn't find out if there was an A4 processor

Upvote 0
Also please don't flame but the useless comparison in this thread are just plain stupid. I will be getting an evo cause I prefer android and the bigger screen and such but to rate which phone looks better its just stupid. In those pictures if true the iphone looks better to me but again thats just my opinion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones