• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC hero is slowwwwwwwwwww

Ok my HTC hero is slow as a snail, it takes like 5 seconds for phone calls to even start, i can sometimes hardly even type a phone number, texting is pretty much out of the question its so slow i cant even type a word without having tp uase 2 seconds on each letter.

How do i make this phone faster before i set it on fire... thanks

We need more info on your full set up, are you rooted, what ROM ETC..

Ok my HTC hero is slow as a snail, it takes like 5 seconds for phone calls to even start, i can sometimes hardly even type a phone number, texting is pretty much out of the question its so slow i cant even type a word without having tp uase 2 seconds on each letter.

How do i make this phone faster before i set it on fire... thanks

Upvote 0
The only way to make this phone tolerable is to root it and install a custom rom. I was about to break mine when I first got it, too. Now I am running AOSP 0.9.9.2 and won't ever go back to factory. The roms just keep getting better. Make sure and do plenty of reading, make sure to nandroid, and once you are finished you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Upvote 0
Read what I wrote, are you rooted, as you posted in the rooted section, if you are rooted what Rom are you running, etc...

What information is there to give ? I have a HTC hero with the latest OS im assuming as its all updated i havent done anything to the phone other then use it.

Upvote 0
What information is there to give ? I have a HTC hero with the latest OS im assuming as its all updated i havent done anything to the phone other then use it.
Hi candymancan...So, what everyone here is talking about is "rooting" your Hero, and replacing the stock operating system/rom with an optomized one. It is fairly easy. There are many folks here that are able to, and are willing to help you do that.

Just let us know here in this thread, and one of us, or more than likely, more than one of us, will help you out. :)

Just let us know what info you can from the menu/settings/about phone screen, so we can get started with the right method.

Even if you don't want to change the "ROM", this will enable you to remove Sprint "bloatware", which will free up some memory space and help speed things some. More speed help is available thru "flashing" a custom ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones