• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Htc Inspire battery drain

ab2259

Lurker
May 1, 2013
Hey guys ,I have a problem with my HTC inspire the battery drains really fast like it would be on 50% & it would drain in 20 minutes I can't charge it either the battery drains also ,I've tried different batteries factory reset but they don't seem to work Can yall please help me ?

Hey guys ,I have a problem with my HTC inspire the battery drains really fast like it would be on 50% & it would drain in 20 minutes I can't charge it either the battery drains also ,I've tried different batteries factory reset but they don't seem to work Can yall please help me ?

The 4.3" screen will drain the battery if set high (i notice that %15 brightness is almost as equal to 50+), turn the brightness down.

The animations will also play a part in battery drain.

Keep Wifi, GPS, and Auto Sync off when not needed to gain some time.

If you look at your stock battery stats, it will give you an idea of what is causing the drain.

If your rooted, BetterBatteryStats will give you a much clearer idea of what is waking the phone (wake_lock), check the "Partial wake locks to see whats waking the device or making screen come/stay on. Some apps will run in the background and in turn drain battery. There may be "no root needed" drain apps on market as well (believe "wakelock detector" will work for non-rooted phones).

Streaming movies/music or tethering will def drain the battery as well! Keep plugged in while doing those things will help you.

But in my experience it seems the screen on time is the biggest burden on our battery. Also depends how old the battery is as well.

Your not the only one, because I feel your hurt as well and haven't bought new battery to compare. Im rooted S-Off and running JellyTime R7 and it drains FAST when using but when screen off (or over night) it will not wake and battery barley moves.

There are many threads on this many sites, but check what apps you have that are running in the background and if rooted, restrict them.

Hope this helps, atleast a little bit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones