• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Inspire Glass repair

dknowz

Lurker
Apr 13, 2012
Hello everyone!

I attempted to replace the glass on my HTC inspire last night and what a nightmare! I was doing fine up until the point where you need to remove the motherboard from the digitizer. Upon it's removal, I actually ripped the motherboard!! It wasn't like I even pulled up on it that hard. As a matter of fact I was trying to be extra careful so as not to rip it! I even used all the appropriate tools and techniques the video on you tube showed me.

Is it possible the motherboard could still function with a small tear?

It didn't rip all the way, but I would think it's done right? What should I do? Should I even bother trying to put it back together? Or should I return the glass and buy a whole new phone with Insurance this time? Currently I'm opting for the second, but was looking for some reassurance. Thanks in advance and have a great day!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones