• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Intruder???

lol. either way, i have very high expectatinos for this phone as of now. im expecting a fast ****ing processor, in addition to a front facing camera, ANDDDDD 4.0" screen!

lets gets the hype started!

You're a backflop owner...you must think a Tandy 1000 is badass at this point... :)

I wont get my hopes up for anything AppleT&T does till I see it officially in stores, for more than 2 days without vaporizing into thin air.

Reactions: Ynomrah
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
That would mean a 3.7-4.3in screen.
Yup. Read that yesterday & got super excited. That plus the price off contract...

did they have a firesale on those old processors and thats why motorola snatched them up for this pos
I think so, which is exactly why I held off on the TP2. Same chip in there as well, believe it or not. That plus the resistive screen...

Upvote 0
I think so, which is exactly why I held off on the TP2. Same chip in there as well, believe it or not. That plus the resistive screen...

Well, when the Fuze/TP2 first came out it was a fine processor (back in 2008). I'm just wondering why motorola used it in a phone that came out in 2010 when snapdragons were going into phones all over the place and the phone that was to become the Android Flagship product for AT&T.

Upvote 0
lol nice site...notice my almost 2 year old phone beats the backflop in some categories...ties just about everything else...

PDAcomparer | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications

did they have a firesale on those old processors and thats why motorola snatched them up for this pos?

I almost bought a Fuze, then I used one and realized what a big mistake I was going to make. The Fuze is garbage compared to the Backflip. Sure, maybe the res of the screen is better and the processors are the same but that's about as far as it goes. The screen on the Backflip is 100x more responsive and usable. Hell, my 5 year old Dell Axim's screen is more responsive than the Fuze's.

Upvote 0
I almost bought a Fuze, then I used one and realized what a big mistake I was going to make. The Fuze is garbage compared to the Backflip. Sure, maybe the res of the screen is better and the processors are the same but that's about as far as it goes. The screen on the Backflip is 100x more responsive and usable. Hell, my 5 year old Dell Axim's screen is more responsive than the Fuze's.

Yes, the TWO YEAR OLD fuze seems old compared to your brand new backflop, but the guts are still the same, and touch screen is two years old so I would hope with all the new stuff in touchscreens it would be more responsive. Still doesnt change the fact that the backflop couldnt even get the guts to put in a snapdragon, or go with android 1.6 even or allow third party app installs. So if you want to compare the two...yes the backflop kinda maybe beats a two year old phone. I wouldnt feel proud of that...

Actually, the Fuze is the orig. Touch Pro, which did come out in Nov of 2008. The TP2/Tilt 2 came out last frickin' Fall, & they still put the same 7201A in that sucker.

Your right :p Fuze is TP1...TP2 is a decent phone, but There is just too much good stuff coming out to not hope something decent finally comes to AppleT&T.

Upvote 0
Your right :p Fuze is TP1...TP2 is a decent phone, but There is just too much good stuff coming out to not hope something decent finally comes to AppleT&T.
I wouldn't say that releasing a new handset based on a year-old chip would be a "decent phone," AT&T made a big misstep when they commissioned that handset so quickly after the Fuze.

Upvote 0
Yeah, yeah, yeah, the backflip has bad specs. And compared to the FUZE, TILT2, HTC PURE, TP2 and other older devices it either compares, or is just barely better. But the reason why me and other people (on this site atleast) have it is because it's an android device. It has Android and we have AT&T. bottom line.

And the phone isn't as bad as it looks. :/

i know for one that I'm getting either soon a nexus one, or this rumored Intruder when it releases. So atleast for me, the backflip is just an Android decoy for me. It gets the job done.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't say that releasing a new handset based on a year-old chip would be a "decent phone," AT&T made a big misstep when they commissioned that handset so quickly after the Fuze.

true...I dont think the TP2 was commissioned by AT&T it came out for several carriers...I guess the real point is that the backflop came out with a 2 year old processor which is just sad

Upvote 0
So much wrong w/this article. I started to write a comment on it, but accidentally navigated away from it & lost my initial thoughts.
Here is a copy of what I wrote on the AT&T forums.

Sadly the amount of speculation is just crazy. There was a leak about a phone named Aria. It did not show on said leak day. Now there is a pic of a phone named Intruder in a inv. system. and they speculate that it is now the aria and base it off what they mistake to be the contract price which is Radio Shacks extened warranty not a contract price.
It is just getting stupid how all these sites work. One gets a leak they all report on it but all also add stuff to it that the orignal one did not have and then others pick it up and do the same. At this rate we will have a new HTC phone that is running dual core snapdragons at 1.5Ghz next week with a 4.3in screen and a QWERTY keyboard. Wait lets change that one with the QWERTY one without.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones