• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Legend VodafoneUK simlock trouble

Hello all,

Avid user of this forum, first time poster.

Been looking for a thread on this for over 2 months now and haven't found one.

I've had the HTC Legend for around 3 months, bought it from a personal seller on eBay, who also provided me with a NUC (Network unlock code). It came branded and I assumed "simlocked".

When I entered my o2 PAYG Simplicity sim, I could send texts and make calls no problem, however my problem is getting mobile internet and receiving MMS.

I have manually entered the APN settings etc. and still had no luck with receiving and sending MMS or gaining access to my mobile internet.

Is there a way to access the settings to enter the Network Unlock Code? (I have tried other sims, contract and PAYG) or am I being completely dense and it isn't simlocked and there's something else wrong...?

Sorry for the long post, just thought I'd give all the details so you all know what a predicament I'm in!

Thanks a bunch!

Mr. Thomas

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones