• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Mytouch 4g slide Google Search When Typing on Home Screen

calisnoopy

Lurker
Aug 3, 2011
Just got the Tmobile mytouch 4g slide and was wondering if this is possible?

On my Droid 2, I can slide the keyboard and when I unlock the phone, at the homescreen, I don't have to do anything but start typing and google search pops up (and I know you can have google search to set contacts, web, calendar etc and those options)...but what I am asking is...on my Tmobile mytouch 4g slide, I cant seem to do that, when i unlock the phone and start typing on the home screen, nothing happens...can't seem to find any settings either to activate this option (which i do not believe i needed to do anyways on my Droid 2).

Would love any thoughts as this was a very useful and quick feature since I'm always typing right away to search things whether its contacts or on google etc.

Thanks!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones