• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One M9 - Wifi Passwords

JLOB

Jan 30, 2011
I've run out of space to store Wifi passwords. I once knew how to delete obsolete ones, thereby freeing up some space. I no longer remember how to do that, and also don't remember where I put the note that wasn't supposed to let me forget! Can anyone enlighten me? I promise I'll have it tattooed on my wrist.

JLOB

The word you are looking for is "forget" - that's what deletes a saved network.

Try clicking on a name in the list and see if you get options. If that doesn't work, press and hold and see if you get some options. One or other of those should do it, but if not look for a 3-dot button when viewing the list for more options. Those are the 3 main Android UI methods, so one of them should work.

Upvote 0
You're missing the point. I don't want to "forget" networks. I need to free up space in the retained wifi "password" dataset. There are only so many passwords that can be stored. When it's full, it will no longer be able to store new passwords. Thanks for the thoughts though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones