• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC One X Plus or Samsung Galaxy S3 HELP!

lakersfreak

Jul 13, 2011
Hello I am currently an HTC Vivid owner and I'm due for an upgrade in February. I've read a lot on the web about both phones but can't still make up my mind. How do you guys like your phone? Do you recommend it? Most importantly how is the battery life? The battery life on the Vivid is horrible!

I find the battery life improves over time and the WiFi is brilliant for me.
Depending on whether you want the latest phone out because by Feb/March there will be even better phones out like the HTC butterfly/ project m7.
But currently the HTC one x+ is the most powerful 4.7 inch phone out for when it comes to gaming.
packing the best looking screen on the market helps too :)
Take in consideration of Samsungs touchwiz and HTC sense because they are two different feels of android UI and the feel of the handsets in your hands too. Good Luck!

Upvote 0
Hmm so should I just wait until end of March for a newer phone? MIght as well since I'll be stuck with it for 2 years. Where can I read about the latest news/rumors?

Press Home on this phandroid website, top left corner. That will bring up all the latest android news and scroll through the storys and latest gossip.
Also you can try Android Authority, both of these bring excellent news of the latest handset news.
Definitely wait. 440ppi + phone screens are just around the corner.
I would of waited myself but that would of been 4 months without a decent phone lol XD
By then the S3 and Hox+ will be a lot cheaper too if your still interested in them, but they will definitely be considered old technology by the time your contract ends :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones