• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC one XL problem

Okay. So your battery life is fine. So for the purposes of figuring out what is wrong, we will go ahead and assume there isn't anything as far as a app going crazy or anything. What are you doing on the phone usually when the games start to lag? Be as specific as you can please :)

Yes, thank you
Well before starting the game i run android assistant system boost, then start the game, but it lags in the game, specifically in fruit ninja when i cut a fruit then it lags
When i first bought the phone, i installed the game and then played it. I saw it lagged, so i installed Android Assistant, used quick boost and then played the game but faced the same problem

Upvote 0
Hey upol007, I don't have a One XL, but thought I'd chime-in with a few thoughts...

There's a whole host of things that could be impacting your device:

1. How many apps you have installed

2. What apps to you have that sync and what is the sync interval set to

3. Do you have any apps that run in the background, too (i.e., they have a service component to them, etc.)?

4. Do you have any apps with wake locks in them?

Try running Wakelock Detector-Save Battery and/or GSam Battery Monitor to help to try to narrow down an app culprit.

Perhaps you've got a rogue apps that's running in the background that's really eating-up your precious CPU resources, etc.

Best of luck!

edit/note: you'll probably want to uninstall those apps after you've used them to debug your issues, but keep 'em bookmarked for future reference since they're very handy tools.

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Hey upol007, I don't have a One XL, but thought I'd chime-in with a few thoughts...

There's a whole host of things that could be impacting your device:

1. How many apps you have installed

2. What apps to you have that sync and what is the sync interval set to

3. Do you have any apps that run in the background, too (i.e., they have a service component to them, etc.)?

4. Do you have any apps with wake locks in them?

Try running Wakelock Detector-Save Battery and/or GSam Battery Monitor to help to try to narrow down an app culprit.

Perhaps you've got a rogue apps that's running in the background that's really eating-up your precious CPU resources, etc.

Best of luck!

edit/note: you'll probably want to uninstall those apps after you've used them to debug your issues, but keep 'em bookmarked for future reference since they're very handy tools.
Thank you for ur reply
I have run those apps but there seems tobe nothibg, no rogue app draining cpu

Upvote 0
One other thing that might possibly help is wiping the cache partition on your device. Sometimes things get gummed up in there, especially after OTA updates.

Follow these steps to wipe cache (and also wipe dalvik cache if the option is available)

1.) Navigate to settings>power>fastboot <---Uncheck that fastboot option.

2.) Power the device down normally.

3.) Hold volume down and tap the power button. Continue holding volume down until the bootloader screen appears.

4.) Navigate the menu with the volume down/up keys and highlight Recovery. Tap the power button to enter recovery mode.

5.) Wait until you see the red triangle.

6.) Hold volume up and tap the power button. A new recovery menu should appear.

7. Navigate to the Wipe Cache option and again press the power key to select the option.

You will likely see some performance boost after wiping the cache. Hope this helps!!

Upvote 0
One other thing that might possibly help is wiping the cache partition on your device. Sometimes things get gummed up in there, especially after OTA updates.

Follow these steps to wipe cache (and also wipe dalvik cache if the option is available)

1.) Navigate to settings>power>fastboot <---Uncheck that fastboot option.

2.) Power the device down normally.

3.) Hold volume down and tap the power button. Continue holding volume down until the bootloader screen appears.

4.) Navigate the menu with the volume down/up keys and highlight Recovery. Tap the power button to enter recovery mode.

5.) Wait until you see the red triangle.

6.) Hold volume up and tap the power button. A new recovery menu should appear.

7. Navigate to the Wipe Cache option and again press the power key to select the option.

You will likely see some performance boost after wiping the cache. Hope this helps!!
after selecting recovery, the phone restarts it self, i dont see any red triangle, what will i do now ?

Upvote 0
Did you hit any other buttons? I have read that it can take 30 seconds for the triangle to appear. Try the process one more time and see if you get different results.

Also it may be slightly different depending on your carrier apparently (Verizon might have a different method??) Having trouble pinning this down.

Try the first method again. If it fails then try this:
After selecting recovery, as soon as you see a blank screen, immediately press volume up, volume down and power at the same time and release. (This may take a few attempts to get the timing right). You'll see an sd card error message and then it should go to the recovery menu where you can select wipe cache.

For reference, here are some T-Mobile instructions I just found:
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-6526

and this post for possible Verizon variant (they don't have the instructions available anymore):
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ock-recovery-un-rooted-phone.html#post3073986

Upvote 0
Did you hit any other buttons? I have read that it can take 30 seconds for the triangle to appear. Try the process one more time and see if you get different results.

Also it may be slightly different depending on your carrier apparently (Verizon might have a different method??) Having trouble pinning this down.

Try the first method again. If it fails then try this:
After selecting recovery, as soon as you see a blank screen, immediately press volume up, volume down and power at the same time and release. (This may take a few attempts to get the timing right). You'll see an sd card error message and then it should go to the recovery menu where you can select wipe cache.

For reference, here are some T-Mobile instructions I just found:
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-6526

and this post for possible Verizon variant (they don't have the instructions available anymore):
How to clear cache partition from stock recovery (un-rooted phone) - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Thanks for your help
But it looks like nothing works, i have made a huge mistake buying this phone, i have to wait another year to change it. Anyways thanks for your suggestions

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones