• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC still going to pull through on their promise?

i also saw it on twitter. worded something like "HTC thunderbolt gingerbread update THIS WEEK"
not exactly like that, but thats what i got out of it.

and OP, i would just root now. i mean, what can GB do that froyo can't. its not going to solve any problems most likely. root now, there are TONS of options of stable GB ROMS (unless visual VM and VM notifications are really important to you)

as much as it looks like the revolutionary root method will work for this, no one really knows if it will or not. it is simple to get back to stock, there will be official GB options for root users. if you have it in your mind that you may want to root some time, do it now....but if you haven't rooted by now, you probably never will.....you wont. ;)

Upvote 0
Have to agree with Ant on it... just because HTC is going to have it released, that could simply mean that they are done with it on their end, and then it's VZWs turn to futz with it until they do it. While I would love to hope that it'll come at the same time, there's no way to know for sure until we get official confirmation from VZW, as they are the endzone for the release.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones