• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sync: Getting error messages

saksit

Lurker
Apr 28, 2010
Hello,

I have the HTC Evo 4G with Sprint. I use Google Calendar Sync for my calendar but use HTC for my Contacts. Everything was working fine till recently. The problem started a couple of days ago. I am getting 4 different error messages at random attempts. I get

1) "Synchronization failed" with no additional error message.

2) "Synchronization failed" with "2 General" and "Synchronization could not be started"

3) Once in a while I will get "Synchronization failed" with "2 General" and "Connection to mobile phone timed out"

4) I will also see "1 General" as error message

What have I done so far:

1) I tried connect the phone to a different USB port. Same errors.

2) I tried uninstalling then reinstalling the software several times. Same errors.

Help.........

Other than a fix to this problem are ther other software of methods I can use to sync for free? All I need to sync are contacts & calendar.

Thank You,
Saksit

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.jpg
    Screenshot 1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 28
Other than a fix to this problem are ther other software of methods I can use to sync for free? All I need to sync are contacts & calendar.
Try MyPhoneExplorer and/or for contacts Google Calendar Sync

You can sync contacts and calendar with MPE but for my I sync contacts via MPE and calendar via GCS.
MPE also gives you other tools such as Wifi sync and an SMS editor which is easier than using the Android app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones