• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC Thunderbolt Root

Upvote 0
Yeah.. it did not take these guys long.
Since root was only temp I suspect that they were wiping the phone at every boot like they were going on the G2.

Obviously it took them longer to perm root that and gain access to recovery.

I bet we have Cyanogen by summer. :D

You guys are killing me. I can't get one for another month.

Upvote 0
Your killing me too. :rolleyes::D
lets do it BC! you got a spare eris... lets return them to unrooted,s-on 2.1 and reroot em with ADB :D

They have CM working already, just not released yet.
:eek::eek::eek:

I still havnt seen the big deal about plain android. Really didnt like it too much. My first sense phone is the thunderbolt and I love it. Much better than any thing else iv seen.

i personally think the sense icons are kind of busy. i like the way things look with plain android,i like the way things work. some of the menus and such are a lil different with sense. i particularly hate the keyboard,and the fact that i have to press the menu down button,then the lil send thingy to send a text message. with plain android i can just push send. im not a soicalite,so i dont care about freindstream or any of the other battery consuming widgets that constantly run and update themselves. pure android is much simpler. but its a personal thing... if you like sense,great. but dont knock us that dont :)

i have been using 2.3 for so long now,i hate to go back to 2.2. i also am pretty used to the tweakability of CM roms. i hate all the white backgrounds in the stock HTC phones... cant wait for come CM7 love for my not-yet-arrived TB :cool:

Upvote 0
I dont understand why people buy phones with SENSE UI on them and then turn around put a non sense rom on the phone. Why no go with non sense phone from the beginning?

I certainly didn't buy the Thunderbolt for SENSE. Coming off Moto Droid 1 and actually experiancing Android I find SENSE restrictive and bulky. I haven't rooted yet but om running GDE to avoid SENSE.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones