• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC, time to update past 1.5 on the Hero

I hope you dont obviously believe this. Software development doesnt work on a whim. it works on a roadmap that is done months ,if not years, in advance. the sheer amount of time it takes to give the hero 2.0 is not something that can just be done because people want it to be done. there needs to be an allocation of not only manpower assets, but financial ones and management planning for the port over. The fact that sense UI is involved as well makes it even more difficult.

To truly think people whined enough and made it happen is mind boggling. Software dev doesnt happen overnight.

i believe he meant getting on their case made them COMMUNICATE the plans for 2.0, not that they release it. if you follow the sprint forum you would have seen it was suggested to sarah that sprint tweet update info and she said that was a good idea and would propose that to management.

Upvote 0
i believe he meant getting on their case made them COMMUNICATE the plans for 2.0, not that they release it. if you follow the sprint forum you would have seen it was suggested to sarah that sprint tweet update info and she said that was a good idea and would propose that to management.

i certainly hope thats what he meant. finding new and more popular means of out bound communication with customers is almost always desired by a company. So in that respect and with your example, i can see that quite well.

however, what he wrote really doesnt speak about the communication HTC/sprint has about telling us about updates, he spoke to the customer actually making them push the update to the hero by whining.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones