• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTCSense.com on HTC Desire?

Well after getting the Desire Z and logging in to the Sense.com I am really not that impressed with it, it may be better for the UK but for the US it is not all that great and most of the function's like phone finder do not work at all!!! The only thing I could get to work was making the phone ring louder and that was it. Pretty much a useless application as far as I am concerned, something I will not miss on my Desire. I even tried to wipe the phone remotely and it could not find the phone!!! As for the Desire Z well it is marginal at best, I really think that the Desire is a better phone!!!

Upvote 0
No it is not the new 800 Mhz processor is faster than the old snapdragon is and the processor is amazing when it comes to doing things like boot up is instantaneous not like the Desire that takes forever to bootup and picking up the carrier siginal is just as fast. The redraw on the google maps is very fast with little lag time and web pages come up as fast as my desktop computer. So no it is better in the processor sense!!!

The only thing I really do not like is the keyboard, just seems so breakable, like it was made by Fisher Price instead of HTC!!!

Upvote 0
No it is not the new 800 Mhz processor is faster than the old snapdragon is and the processor is amazing when it comes to doing things like boot up is instantaneous not like the Desire that takes forever to bootup and picking up the carrier siginal is just as fast. The redraw on the google maps is very fast with little lag time and web pages come up as fast as my desktop computer. So no it is better in the processor sense!!!

The only thing I really do not like is the keyboard, just seems so breakable, like it was made by Fisher Price instead of HTC!!!

actually the map redraw is very fast now on my desire thanks to them using I think its vector drawing on version 5 rather than the older tiling they did...so thats actually more why the redraw is faster..

the carrier pickup is really network reliant...my 3 network is picked up instantanious where as my vodafone does hang about abit..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones