• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huawei as manufacturer. Are they ok?

Flumme

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2011
Sweden
Hi all!

Have been contemplating an upgrade from my trusted HTC Desire for a while now, and have found the Huawei Ascend D Quad XL to be extremely interesting, spec wise. At least if they have a removable battery...

However, on Huaweis Facebook Page, a lot of people complain about the company and its slow updates and fixes for known issues with released ROMs.

What are your experiences with Huawei? Is it a good idea to go for a from these guys?

Huawei is steadily improving their products. I had the Ascend, it was ok for a cheap entry level Android at the time. I now have the Mercury (also known as the Honor in most of the world), and i'm very happy with it. The D-Quad looks to take Huawei to the true high end level if their in house quad core processor is all its cracked up to be. As for updates, the unlocked Honor was one of the first to get ICS. Its usually the carriers that are to blame for lack of updates.

Reactions: Flumme
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones