• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Huawei Ascend Y511-U00 Hard/Soft reset Error/failure

Mukaka

Lurker
Dec 8, 2014
Why is my data still on my Huawei Y511-U00 after hardreseting? Even after a soft reset everything that was deleted comes back after restarting! I downloaed the stock rom from Huawei and used 'apply update from from external sd card' but the data is still there upon restarting. i tried to format and update using SP Flash Tool and nothing got erased. The reason for resetting is that i have been experiencing "Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped working" Unfortunately, this has stopped working...blu blu blu... This phone does not store call history or recent sent or received messages after a reboot. it only shows old messages at a date before these errors started. If i save a contact on phone, tomorrow it wont be there or just after a rebbot... but all old contacts are there which keep coming back either after a soft nor hard reset. i should mention that iam able to make calls and send texts but once these errors start i have to restart the phone and continue using it.

Could this be a hardware problem or what? your help will be really appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones