• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root huawei m865c straight talk

skdemont

Lurker
Jun 6, 2012
hi, been trying to root my straight talk huawei m865c. been coming up on the net that it is the ascend 2 which is the 865 without the c. been trying all methods on this page and the cvm methods on playfuldroidz and unleashed prepaids on flashing recovery on fastboot it hangs at waiting for device even though the adb is functional and i can push files to sd card. the update.zip on sd card gives a e verification error. was looking today it seems that the fastboot is locked not sure where to go any help would be great

OK I don't know where to start off but here goes .
this is my first time rooting a phone in anyway at all. I brought The Huawei Ascend II from cricket ( I was with Verizon for almost 5yr but I wanted to leave because the prices were getting to much ) long story short the guy from the cricket store sold me on this phone so i brought it. but ever seen it been a living hell with this phone, all these pre-loaded apps are driving me crazy and I want them ALL gone. I read your post on how to root the Huawei Ascend II and followed it to the tee but it keeps failing and it says something about E file or something like that. what can I do folks P.S. I tried that zroot thing and that failed too!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones