• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hydro crashing randomly

Sublime198

Jul 2, 2013
My Hydro has been crashing randomly every hour or two and it has become frustrating to say the least.
I think it is due to me attempting to edit the build.prop based on some things I read here on the forums, but I honestly don't know a whole lot about the android OS and I probably messed something up somewhere.

I would really appreciate a copy of an untouched build.prop to test.

The only one I could find online was from back when the phone was first sold in stores and when I installed it, it causes games like Angry birds to darken the screen brightness to near minimum when they are launched, which is extremely hard to see. (But the crashing did stop, from testing it for a few days.)

If anyone is willing to help me out, I would truly appreciate it, this is my old phone and I gave it to my son to use for games, youtube, music, etc. And I feel freaking awful every single time it crashes on him.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones