• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i am a baduk player equipped with an Android Tablet

Stek_Turku

Lurker
Jun 13, 2011
Hi all, i am Stek,
first of all sorry for my english.
I like GO and i have bought this tablet

:: Point of View :: HOME
(CPU 600Mhz, 256 MB ram, 4GB Storage, WiFi - no 3G)

Model: POV Mobii 7
Firmware Version: Andorid 2.1
Kernel version: 2.6.25
Build number: 1.3.3.ECLAIR.eng.root.20110118.145925

I am a Ubuntu user but i know nothing about Android.
I know only that it derives from Linux.
Now i have this problem: the tablet don't have access to Android Market but i have the need to access it to download and/or buy some applications about the game called IGO/WEIQI/BADUK, like KGS client (paid), Aspect Sgf Reader (free), AIGOView (free) and others...
So i get a google-checkout account and i have downloaded from internet some applications (com.android.vending.apk and com.android.vending.prefroyo.apk) to have the access to Android Market.
I launch the Market and sometimes i experienced crash of the app.

Now, the POV Mobii 7 is the associated device of my account in the Android MArket but if i try do download the apps i see this error:

Interruzione imprevista dell'applicazione Market (processocom.android.vending).
Riprova.

Sure, the phrase is in italian but if i try to translate in english i could say:

Unforseen interruption of Market application (processocom.android.vending). Try again.

Do anyone help me? My hope is that the Market works fine.
Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Android Forums!

Access to the Android Market is not officially available in all countries. You should first check to make sure that your country is on the list. Here is the current list.

While the Android operating system is open source and free to hardware manufacturers, the Market is a licensed service from Google and manufacturers must pay a license fee to include it with their distributions of Android. This is why you see many less expensive phone and tablet devices running android but have no access to the market.

By downloading those .apk files you are in effect bypassing Google's license. We can neither condone nor support that activity.

While the market is the primary source for applications, there are legitimate alternative sources like Amazon's app store.

I hope this sheds some light on your problem.

Reactions: Stek_Turku
Upvote 0
While the Android operating system is open source and free to hardware manufacturers, the Market is a licensed service from Google and manufacturers must pay a license fee to include it with their distributions of Android. This is why you see many less expensive phone and tablet devices running android but have no access to the market.
By downloading those .apk files you are in effect bypassing Google's license. We can neither condone nor support that activity.

I am very sad for this. :(

I don't known that this happen for a matter of license fee but i understand that it was a matter of hardware/software device... :thinking:

Ok, i don't speak english very weel so i cannot explain my thoughts but in this manner, imho, Google is like Apple or Microsoft.
I hope the in future to buy an Ubuntu MID/tablet (i have theese application free and with no aids)... :D

--
Stek

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones