• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can finally get one!

tmette

Dec 11, 2009
Illinois
Ok, just found out that I can get a new Droid for the 2 year contract price! I upgraded my phone to an enV Touch back in July. I wanted a smartphone but couldn't get one because I didn't have a job and couldn't afford the Data Plan. Now that I have a job all I will have to pay for is the phone and the Data Plan (on parents Family Plan).

I thought I was going to have to pay full price, but my grandfather is on our plan too and has been eligible for an upgrade since August of 2007! I called up Verizon Customer Support and they said I can just use their upgrade and they won't have to change phones or anything. I will also keep my same number. I'm sooooo happy that I'm finally getting a Droid. Always wanted an iPhone but didn't want to switch off my Family Plan. To be honest I think I'll like this better than the iPhone given the fact that I do everything through Google anyways. I'm pretty excited, going to ask grandpa tonight if I can use his upgrade and if so, then I might be able to swing by the Verizon store tomorrow morning before it closes!
:D

well if he wants one of those kinds of phones buy him a new phone off ebay he'll never know the difference lol

Haha, yea but I couldn't do that to my Gpa. I would feel too guilty. I'm definitely going to back myself up by saying, "You can always use my upgrade this coming July if you choose to upgrade later on."

I guess since my line is the primary number on the plan I can upgrade phones each year? Didn't know that but I'm not waiting that long to get a Android phone.

Upvote 0
Keep in mind that if you order the phone online you'll save the 100 dollars instantly, and you can switch the phone numbers online as well.

Yes, I do realize this. However, my father is really big on keeping business local, and we do all of our Verizon services through a local re-seller. Another perk from getting it from our store is that if I find anything wrong with it (my enV Touch had a loose hinge) I can immediately take it back and they can swap it out with another brand new one.

Thanks for looking out for me though!

Upvote 0
Well everything is a go. Plan on walking into the Verizon store tomorrow around 10 and picking myself up a Droid. Pretty excited about this and I'm sure all I'm going to do tonight is surf this Forum and watch YouTube videos on the Droid.

I will also get to show it off tomorrow night at a Christmas party.

What a great weekend! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones