• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can not exit incognito mode in Samsung Galaxy Tab A8

I am stuck in incognito mode in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 8. After closing down all incognito tabs, then bring the Chrome browser back up, I just have the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the blank screen. Nothing else is present. When I touch the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the screen, I get three choices: New tab (which creates an incognito tab), New Incognito tab, and Settings. A switch tab option is not presented to get out of the mode. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am stuck in incognito mode in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 8. After closing down all incognito tabs, then bring the Chrome browser back up, I just have the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the blank screen. Nothing else is present. When I touch the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the screen, I get three choices: New tab (which creates an incognito tab), New Incognito tab, and Settings. A switch tab option is not presented to get out of the mode. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sure I had chrome on my p.c. and cell forever, three dots in the upper right hand corner, any drop down when you click on them, it should reset if you click on them and head over to turn off incognito mode .

Upvote 0
Thank you for your response. I don't quite understand what you are asking me to do. Clicking on the first 2 of the 3 choices (New Tab and New Incognito tab) results in a new incognito tab being created. The Settings tab has nothing to do with the incognito mode. There is no drop down box when any of the three choices is selected. Also, I don't know what "head on over to turn off incognito mode" means. I am something of a novice tablet user. Thanks.
cleardot.gif

Upvote 0
Thank you for the information. I tried to follow these instructions earlier today as my first attempt to solve the problem. I do not have a "switch tabs" option in the upper right hand corner. When the incognito tabs are closed I am left with a black/blank screen with three dots in the upper right hand corner and I have still not exited the private browser mode. I am just stumped that I can't fix this problem. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hello Dannydet,
Your screen image is very similar to what I have with the following exceptions. On my black screen, in the upper left hand corner the time is displayed and below the time is a "+" sign (that will create a new incognito tab when clicked on) but without the words "New tab". Also, in the upper right hand corner of my screen I have only the three vertical dots. The four icons and the dot above the the vertical three dots on your screen are absent on my screen.
Thank you very much for time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones