• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can not set as default an apk

gulluwing

Jul 23, 2013
italy
In my tablet Note 10.1 I have installed some different browsers because I'm evalueting which is the best, now I'm using one that for convenience we will name AA.
So, whenever I tap on a link and appears a window with the list of browser I tap on AA and appearss the classic window that says "complete action using" and after "just this once / always" I tap on "always" . Afterwords if I try to open a link appears again the same message "complete action using" I also went into the application manager and I deleted the value "delete default" by all browsers.
The same thing happens to me if I open a pdf or excel file.
What can you tell me about?
Thanks

I followed your direction but unfortunately it did not work.
Thanks a lot

QUOTE=John Bean;6537660]I've had this happen, and deleting the defaults for an app/apps didn't help but clearing all defaults did the trick.

In Settings->Apps tap on the menu and choose "Reset app preferences" and hopefully it will fix your problem.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones