• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I cannot use Google Play to install files help?

AmgedIsmail

Mar 18, 2012
Hello,
I just downloaded IDM and other App from Google Play and I hoped i would be able to install it to my Samsung Galaxy SII just like I used to when downloading from iTunes store, the files are downloaded inside my iTunes folder> iTunes Media> Mobile Applications
Then I can transfer the file into the iPhone/iPad.

Now I cannot just find the game I downloaded from Google Play in my computer..

Can anyone tell me what is the location in Windows the files downloaded from Google Play goes to? Or it just not stored in Windows at all?

I only get this message from Google Play when I click Install of the App..
4-13.jpg

And these are my downloaded Apps.
3-20.jpg

:( I am sad because I hoped to install the Apps directly to my galaxy SII because I don't currently have a Wi-fi network in my phone.

So what now?
Was the App already sent to my phone after I downloaded it??

So I should use internet in my phone to see the App??
And how can I use my data connection?

OK can I keep this app I downloaded from Google Play to my PC so I can use later on?
A way to transfer the downloaded file from my phone to my PC???

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I don't think it gets downloaded to the PC. As far as I know, it will be pushed to your phone. When you have data connection, just go to the app again and select to install. It will be pushed again.

Also, you don't get the APK file in the phone, so don't think you would be able to transfer into PC. As for PC, again I don't think its saved there. Although you could try searching in the temporary files on the PC if its there. For example email attachments when you choose to open only (not saved as) is downloaded as a temporary file. If you are lucky, would be the same for the APK files.

Although its a lot more simpler to have data line on your phone. Its a smartphone and meant to be connected :D

Finally, you can try searching for the APK file directly, either from the developer themselves. Or just do a google search. But doing that would likely mean you won't get updates from google play when it comes.

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones