• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can't find the download folder

jaunehana

Lurker
Jun 29, 2010
The SD card is in my phone. When I downloaded a MP3 from a website, it showed on download history but when I connected the phone to my PC, and opened up "download" on the PC's removeable disk the MP3 is not there.

The clerk must have transferred my blackberry stuffs to my Droid's SD because I exchanged the BB for the Droid. I have a folder called "Blackberry" in the SD card and I just renamed it to my name. Within this folder there are the usual: document, picture, ringtones, music, etc.

I thought there will be the same for the Droid's SD card but not at all. When I saved pictures to the "Picture" album in the BB's folder, it appears on my phone's "gallery".

So it is like this:
SD card --> BB folder --> Picture folder --> pictures
SD card --> BB folder --> ringtones folder --> MP3 (manually added on PC to SD card)

When I turn off SD card from the PC and use it on the phone:
I go to "Music" and the MP3 ringtone (transferred via PC) is there.
I got to "Gallery" and the pictures in the picture folder within the BB folder in the SD card is there.
But I can't find the MP3 (that I downloaded via my phone) that I downloaded from the internet on my phone.

I can't find any apps that downloaded onto the downloaded history in the downloaded folder in the SD card as well.

There's nothing in the download folder. :( But I can see them on the download history. I don't know how to access download history on my phone and where the product downloaded to. The only time I see the download history is when I download something new and it pops up.

Help please!

Have you tried searching, either on the PC or in a file manager (such as Astro) on your device?

IIRC, the download folder should be the one at the root of the SD card. In other words, it's shouldn't be a subfolder in another folder.

I thought there will be the same for the Droid's SD card but not at all.
You need to set up whatever folder structure you want for media on the SD card. Most people place the following folders in a folder called Media:

• Ringtones
  • Notifications
  • Alarms
  • Pictures
  • Music
Some follow the folder structure in the System folder and have an Audio subfolder under Media. It really doesn't matter as, as you have noticed, the media files will be automatically discovered.

The only time I see the download history is when I download something new and it pops up.
You can view the download history by opening your browser, accessing the menu (don't forget the menu button!) and choosing Downloads.

Upvote 0
thank you! i got astro and was able to access my sd card folders. the download folder is at the root, not as a subfolder within another folder. the mp3 i downloaded via my phone is not in the download folder nor anywhere in my phone. i deleted the download history already. i just want to know where it is because since i downloaded it i want to remove it in case its still in the sd card or on my phone taking up space.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones