• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I could have sworn...(Auto Rotate feature)

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I left the Blackberry (Bold 9900) world and jumped on board here. So far I LOVE my Mytouch 4g Slide!

I could have sworn that my "home" screen and "all apps" screen would rotate when I turned it sideways without having to slide my phone open. Now it doesn't. I first noticed it when I opened up my Netflix app. I turned the phone sideways to search for a movie and the screen would not rotate. It only rotated when the movie played.

Do your phones rotate on the home screen/all apps screen without sliding it open?

Please help, it's bugging the heck out of me.

Thanks

Mine doesn't rotate unless i slide the screen open.... in fact, if i have the screen open and then i close it, the home screen display will rotate back to portrait mode, even if i do not rotate the phone, and same with the app drawer. I seem to think that once in a while it will do landscape mode with the screen closed, but i can't get it to do it now. Also, some apps just plain do not work in landscape mode at all, or only partially.

There is an app in the market called Orientation Control, and it will force the display to stay however you set it, regardless of whether the screen is open or closed. The app costs a couple bucks i believe, but it will keep your phone in landscape mode all the time if you want it that way. You only need to switch it back when you wanna take a picture, etc. because the camera display gets messed up with this setting... But basically it works nicely.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones