• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I could use some help with my message screens rocking around .....

Blackbelt4

Jan 15, 2010
Had my Eris for several months and have enjoyed learning how to tweak it, from all the advice given here on this forum.

Recently, I notice that whenever I open either my Gmail/Yahoo/Handcent to compose a message, that my message screen starts rocking back in forth for a second or so when turned from Portrait to Landscape, and then it enlarges and becomes the regular landscape size screen. it almost seems like it has sort of an animated motion to it when turning it from Portrait to Landscape.

I have checked my settings and think I have unchecked anything that might be causing this animated (slowdown) motion, but could use your help in looking further to undo it. it looks cute the first time you see it, but then you realize that it costs you several seconds of time, each time, waiting for it to correct itself. I'm thinking I first started noticing it around the time I tried installing then uninstalling an unusual type of message app that just used you hand motions on the keyboard instead of typing full words (I forget the name of it). Any suggestions besides doing a hard reset ?

Thanks for the suggestions, as I do remember adding the Spare Parts app for a couple of days back then, and then uninstalling. I never thought this might be related to that, as I havent had that app for several weeks, yet my rocking animation continues. I guess I never noticed the issue when I had the Spare Parts app, as I only kept the app a day or so.

I'll try and re-install Spare Parts to see if I can undo this, even though that seems odd to have to try and do it that way.
Any ideas ?? I'm all ears to your suggestions !

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestions, as I do remember adding the Spare Parts app for a couple of days back then, and then uninstalling. I never thought this might be related to that, as I havent had that app for several weeks, yet my rocking animation continues. I guess I never noticed the issue when I had the Spare Parts app, as I only kept the app a day or so.

I'll try and re-install Spare Parts to see if I can undo this, even though that seems odd to have to try and do it that way.
Any ideas ?? I'm all ears to your suggestions !

With spare parts, if you change a setting and then uninstall the application the settings will stay. You will have to re-install and look for the setting. There is one specific the rocking screen when changing from landscape to portrait. If you disable it and then uninstall you should be good to go. Good Luck. ;)

Upvote 0
I wanted to say thanks to JREED & SirSlayer for leading me to the answer. Once I read the first few comments, suggesting Spare Parts, I thought I might try installing/uninstalling to see if that might clear it. Then 30 seconds after trying that, your comments appeared here, suggesting to do EXACTLY that. It worked, and per your suggestion, I might try it a while. I forget why I uninstalled it so fast before, but it SEEMED like it might have been sucking my battery dry, real quick (or something similar to that).

It's great to see folks that help each other, and even enjoy a good laugh when you arrive at the same solution, just as someone is suggesting it !

Upvote 0
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! My hero starting doing this. I have looked at every setting in text and handcent. I don't even remember this being in spare parts. It has drove me crazy for days.

There are even buttons on this forum were you can show your thanks to the post that really helped you.....don't be shy in hitting it!!! and welcome to the forums. ;-)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones