• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I don't know what to do, someone please show me the way

That's strange because it took 5 minutes to port my number.
I hope i run with your same luck when i port mines.

I did find it strange because people were getting it ported in less than 24 hours, anyway I called them up to check on the status and the representative told me it was going to be completed on the 15th :banghead: lol

Damn that's more than 24, they must be getting a high volume of new customers jumping in, maybe that's why the wait, last night when i bought the micro sim card, after i paid it gave me a message that my order was placed but due to the high volume of orders, mine was being process, so they must have there hands busy lately lol

Upvote 0
I hope i run with your same luck when i port mines.

Damn that's more than 24, they must be getting a high volume of new customers jumping in, maybe that's why the wait, last night when i bought the micro sim card, after i paid it gave me a message that my order was placed but due to the high volume of orders, mine was being process, so they must have there hands busy lately lol

Yeah could be but it's well worth the wait :p lol

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Upvote 0
Hey im about to port my number, is asking me for my account number, is it my VM phone number?

No its not you have to call virgin Mobile and ask them. I've done this before, just get the account number from the customer service reps and then you should get ported soon. If you call tmobile and port it like that I think it takes just a few minutes because they do it directly. :)

Upvote 0
No its not you have to call virgin Mobile and ask them. I've done this before, just get the account number from the customer service reps and then you should get ported soon. If you call tmobile and port it like that I think it takes just a few minutes because they do it directly. :)

Ok thanks, im going to call vm now. :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
For VM your 10 digit phone number is your account number for porting, your new carrier will also need your 6 digit vpin for the account. That's pretty much it except for making sure that both accounts are active, I've always waited until the last week before my original account is due and start with the new carrier, then you have a full week to get ported with both accounts active in case something goes wrong, which when porting usually does. :rolleyes:
OB

Upvote 0
For VM your 10 digit phone number is your account number for porting, your new carrier will also need your 6 digit vpin for the account. That's pretty much it except for making sure that both accounts are active, I've always waited until the last week before my original account is due and start with the new carrier, then you have a full week to get ported with both accounts active in case something goes wrong, which when porting usually does. :rolleyes:
OB

The account number isn't the phone number, mine was completely different. Maybe virgin was different back then IDK. When I ported I gave the T mobile rep my pin and 10 digit pin and she said she needed my account number so I had to call virgin and wait for 30 minutes with their annoying "on hold" music. :rolleyes:

Finally I got my account number, then finished the process when I called T mobile back and was ported 5 minutes later. :D Now I'm free yay lol.

Upvote 0
I used my phone number as my account number before i posted here today, and it didnt port right away, so i called VM like you told me, and they gave me the account number, so i called T-mobile and they told me that at first when i did it online it didn't port because the phone number was not the account number, so i gave him the account number and they ported the phone number right away, i didn'thad to wait 24 hrs :D

Upvote 0
Looking and reading this thread even more, I am even more confused where it should go, I really don't want to move it to carrier related as you are talking about more then one carrier here, VM and T Mobile along with all the VOIP discussion, it may be best served in the Android Lounge, or device carrier comparison. So for now I will move this to the device comparison and if you all think it should be somewhere else send me a message it is open to discussion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones