• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I don't think my droid should be this slow

lucidstate

Nov 11, 2009
This is my setup:

OG Moto Droid
Rooted
Cyanogen 7.1.0
chevyno1 2.6.32-lowV-1.0Ghz
Clocked to 1Ghz max, 550MHz min via SetCPU

The phone is generally pretty slow. Hancent takes up to 10 seconds to load unless I've used it recently. The dialer often takes 10-20 seconds to load. And those are just a few examples. I don't have many downloaded apps. I don't use a task killer.

Should I just uninstall every downloaded app and start from scratch? If so is there anyway to just wipe my Google account of all downloaded apps so that they don't re-download when I reinstall cyanogen?

Edit: it was still slow when I was using Cyanogen 6.X

go into cyanogen mod settings and under the performance tab check everything to on especially the 16 bit overlays and overclock there as well, dont use setcpu. it should be much faster(my min cpu is at 500mhz max is 1000 with chevys 1ghzlow volt kernal)... bty im using the latest nightly build i think its better.

Upvote 0
go into cyanogen mod settings and under the performance tab check everything to on especially the 16 bit overlays and overclock there as well, dont use setcpu. it should be much faster(my min cpu is at 500mhz max is 1000 with chevys 1ghzlow volt kernal)... bty im using the latest nightly build i think its better.

Ok thanks. I'll try this and see how things go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones