1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I don't understand how Facebook syncs with my contacts. Problem.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lazer77, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Lazer77

Lazer77 Newbie

Basically here is the problem, I don't always have my 3G on for battery saving purposes, so that means my Facebook is not actively synced with my contacts. I do turn on the 3G on my phone at LEAST once a day, usually numerous times. I have linked a handful of contacts to their Facebook pages on my phone back in the past, back in October. But now I want to update their pictures, and every time I sync, its the same old picture from October. I even tried to delete the link, delete the contact, punch in the contact manually, then link it to the Facebook, and it STILL shows the picture from October.

I have a hard time explaining this problem. But is there any way so that when I turn on my 3G, Facebook will automatically update the photos on my contact list? Or even this would work too, is there any way to set it up where I can hit a button somewhere where it syncs them on my command. Basically I just want newer pictures, but these old ones do not go away at all. I tried playing around with it on and off for a few weeks now, and I cannot figure this out. I hope this makes sense.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

From a home screen.

Menu.settings.applications.manage applications.all.clear cache for facebook and facebook for htc sense

I am pretty sure that fixed mine

Keep in mind it takes up to 45 minutes for the pics to update

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews